Measuring Web Site Effectiveness
A vital part of any web marketing program is monitoring results. Blitz Media Design offers a number of options to do this, including:
- Web site usage statistics (included at no additional charge with our hosting)
- Google Analytics, including customized settings and reports
- Heatmaps (show how people interact with a website page)
- Search engine ranking reports
- Pay-per-click program analysis
Search Engine Ranking Reports
Our search engine rank reports show your position for each keyword phrase tested on major search engines. These reports provide
- Your ranking for both paid and organic (free) listings;
- Rankings grouped by search engine;
- If desired, the report can compare your rankings versus your competitors.
Ask about our FREE analysis of your site's current position in major search engines!
Web site Usage Statistics
Our standard web stats include:
- A Monthly Overview of up to 12 months of activity (months will scroll off annually). Clicking on the month of interest will offer detailed statistics for that month.
- Hits and Visits. Hits are generally misleading – visiting one page can produce 10 or more hits, as each graphic file, style sheet, and other items count as a "hit." Visits are the better indicator, as they show how many times a day (or month) someone comes to the site.
- Your most visited pages/files, including the page visitors came to first, and the one where they left.
- Referrers describes where people came from. Direct request means they knew the site and didn't use a search. A link from Google shows they found you in that search; ditto for Bing, Yahoo, etc. This report can be particularly important for monitoring your return on investment for paid listings.
- Search displays the search terms used in the aforementioned referrer searches.
The stats include other information, but those shown above are generally the most important for monitoring your web marketing.